[ale] bios setup on old 386

Jim Rundquist g552448 at fs1.mar.lmco.com
Sun Oct 26 07:44:26 EST 1997

J. Anthony Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install Linux on an old 386, but can't figure out how to
> > go into bios setup.  I've tried various keys, del, esc and various
> > function keys.  Any clues.  It's Phoenix 80386 rom bios version 1.00 00.
> >
> > --
> > Until later: Geoffrey           geof at abraxis.com
>
> Have you tried ctrl-alt-s? That's yet another arcane way to enter bios.
> Good luck.
> Anthony

I had (still have some where) a PackardBell with Phoenix BIOS. If
ctrl-alt-s doesn't work, look for and run a file with a name like
setup.com. The name may vary depending on the brand name on the box.
Originally I used a file named pbsetup.com. I knew of others that used
similar files with other names.

Jim