[ale] MicrTek scanner.

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Wed Oct 22 09:56:11 EDT 1997

> The Microtech needs to be on it's own scsi card, as I understand it it does
> not detach from the bus whiile doing it's thing.  I've had very good luck
> running the ScanMaker 3 on the included adaptec card.  I load aha152x as a
> module and unload iit when II'm done.  mtekscan works well from the command
> line and can be accessed via a gui with tkscan, although I needed to hack
> tkscan just a little to get it to play nice with mtekscan.  I don't have a url
> for either at them moment but can get them to you if needed.  I must backpedal
> a bit though, as I am not positive that the IIsp is supported by mtekscan.
>
> Chuck
>
> > I have a 3940UW controller.  I'm trying to get my scanner working.  It's a
> > microtek ScanMaker IIsp.  When I put it on my bus, It causes my machine
> > to core.  Anyone have any experince with these?  Does anyone know if I can
> > use HPScan to talk to it?  Any other recomendations?
> >
> > Robert

I also called MicroTek about it.  They said my 1 year waranty had just run
out (by 2 months).  Due to their lack of support (1 year?) and even greater
lack of concern as to my happiness (sp?) I'm getting an HP when I pull out
some $$$.  Anyone wanna buy a IIsp CHEAP?

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: