[ale] Job Posting

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Fri Oct 17 23:40:09 EDT 1997

> Coyote wrote:
> > For upper 20's you will probably get someone who has
> > very little professional skill.  The current range
> > for UNIX sys admins in Atlanta is 60-90k, depending
> > on whether one is contracting or permanent employee.
> > I wish you well in your search, and would submit my
> > on resume were the offered salary in line with the
> > rest of the industry.
> Although I too find upper 20's a bit low for an administrator position,
> I believe 60-90k is the other end of the bell curve from upper 20's.  It
> appears to me that you two have different definitions of a sys admin.  A
> moderately skilled sys admin for my company would command 30-50k and the
> upper end would be limited to someone with additional skills such as
> networking, heavy kernel tuning experience.

I tend to agree.  With 5yrs experience (heavy) I'm in the 45-55 range
currently.  If you get someone with over 10 years they mey pull about
$75K.

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: