[ale] confusion:)

Dave Brooks root at spork.777.net
Thu Oct 16 16:45:29 EDT 1997

Ok, first of all, let me apologize for my ignorance, that's why I'm
mailing this:)

here's my question[s]:
I am currently using a P166 dual booting Linux and W'hindoze95 that serves
as my net connection.  I have a P60 downstairs that isn't getting much
use (almost NO use).  So to remedy that, I wanted to move the P60 up here,
put linux on it, ethernet it to the P166 I'm using now, and use the P60 as
the net connection so that I wouldn't have to reconnect everytime I
rebooted.

The thing is...Do I need a LAN or ethernet card? (Is there a difference?)
Can I do it through a direct coax cable or do I need a router?
And will the P166 automatically get a net connection if it's ethered to
the P60 and the P60 is connected?

thank you for your time in answering these, just had to clear some of this
up.

regards,
dave

Dave Brooks