[ale] IP-Forwarding

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Sat Oct 4 18:52:16 EDT 1997

I'm looking for some help setting up ipforwarding.  I've compiled the kernel
and all that fun stuff.  I have the echo "1"....  in my /etc/rc.local.
I have "route add -net default gw <gateway-ip> metric 1".  I can see my
ping hitting the modem on the other side, but not returning.  A traceroute
shows my gateway, then "*".

Is this a simple fix?  I'd appreciate any help.

Robert
Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: