[ale] Grab entire URL to local tree (like webget)

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 17 10:28:03 EST 1997

On 17 Nov , Dan Newcombe wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Curtis Smith wrote:
>> Just wondering if anyone has a better URL/entire web site grab tool than
>> webget (a perl script)?
>
> If you poke around on the Web section of Yahoo, you should be able to find
> several - if you find one that works good, I'd like to hear about it.
> I've not found one yet that actually works, or that doesn't try and grab
> anything liked off the page (ie. point it at www.yahoo.com and it would
> grab the whole internet)

wget (don't know a URL off-hand, but it's official GNU software, FSF
copyright and all, so prep.ai and ftp.cc should have it; I think the
latest version is 1.4.5?) seems to work the best of the ones I've
tried.  It has a long series of options that you can play with to
configure it exactly for your situation.  I haven't tried it on yahoo,
though....

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu