[ale] Modems

Tri Ngo merlintm at avana.net
Sat Nov 8 17:08:55 EST 1997

I'm a beginning Linux user and I got my Linux distribution from Debian. =
I installed all of the base system files and X-Windows. I would like to =
use the Internet on Linux, but I don't know how to set up my modem and =
serial ports. My computer has both Windows 95 and Linux installed, which =
is why I can write this e-mail to you. My modem is on com 4. I've looked =
at the howto-serial document on the Linux website already(www.linux.org) =
in the help section, but I still can't figure it out. I've been using =
Windows95 for over 3 years already so I have some knowledge about =
computers. Please send me step by step instructions on how to set up my =
modem. Thanks!

Tri Ngo=20
merlintm at avana.net