[ale] Web Server

Jason Boyles jason at alltel.net
Thu Nov 6 21:26:30 EST 1997

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, bmyers wrote:

> I am planning a content server.  ICan you direct me to a source
> of information on the comparative merits of Linux vs NT?

	Pardon my lack of hard references, but Internet Week (Weak?) (I
think that was the journal) did a comparison of web server platforms
fairly recently, including SMP Linux 2.0, NT 4.0, BSDI, and others. Linux
hung right in there performance wise.  In the end the reviewers were torn
between Linux/Apache and BSDI/Netscape, choosing BSDI because of the
availability of commercial support.

	I'm sure Internet Week(?) has a web site somewhere. I'll try to
dig the issue from the mound of stuff on my desk tomorrow and post more
information.

----
Jason Boyles <jason at alltel.net>
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.