[ale] What format is the "make zdisk" Linux boot disk ?

Jason Boyles jason at alltel.net
Mon Nov 3 13:05:42 EST 1997

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Mick Walter wrote:

> Jason Boyles wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Joe Whitaker wrote:
> > > When using the command: "make zdisk"
> > > The disk boots just fine.
> > > What format is it?
> The format of the disk is "proc" !!Hope that helps you?

	proc is a pseudo-filesystem used to represent various
configuration and runtime information about the Linux kernel, and anything
else its various subsystems choose report. If you try to mount /dev/fd0 as
type proc on /mnt, (mount -t proc /dev/fd0 /mnt), under /mnt you'll see
exactly the same thing as you see under /proc. The block device is just
ignored.

----
Jason Boyles <jason at alltel.net>
"As long as you are not reading me, the fourth word of this
sentence has no referent."