[ale] Login Weirdness

Rob Beverly rbeverly at havoc.gtf.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 12 08:17:09 EST 1997

I recently did a new RedHat 4.0 install on a 486 w/adaptec 2940 scsi.  After
rebooting, the machine came up successfully.  However, everytime I try to
login (as root), it never asks me for a password and only says "Login
incorrect" four times and dumps me back to a login prompt.  Telneting into
the box results in the same behavior, but no login: prompt ever appears,
only the login incorrect.  I tried reinstalling, but had the same results.

I then tried an older RedHat 3.0.3 CD I had.  This worked just fine and I
had no login problems.  If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it!

rob
---
rbeverly at havoc.gtf.gatech.edu