[ale] many modules

Matthew Avery avery at saturn.asetech.com
Wed Jun 4 08:38:49 EDT 1997

For my first attempt at using modules....
I read all the documentation and recompiled the kernel but
it appears to have compiled *all* possible modules and put
them in /lib/modules/2.0.27.  This would be fine except that
I get a page full of ***Unresolved symbol table in module xyz
(or something like that) for every module I didn't select in
the menuconfig.  I think kerneld is doing it's job but I haven't
spent enough time to find out for sure.  This is on a RH 4.0
installation.  Anyone have a clue where I went wrong on this one?
Thanks in advance,

Matthew Avery

ASE Technologies, Inc.       Phone:(513) 563-8855
4015 Executive Park Dr.      FAX:  (513) 563-8865
Suite 203
Cincinnati, OH 45241