[ale] netscape dies

Paul D. Manno paul at dblegl.atl.ga.us
Mon Jun 2 21:39:26 EDT 1997

There's a known Java compile bug (as previously noted) with Netscape 3 and
4 that's documented on the Linux Java site www.blackdown.org Java HOWTO.

Those not wishing to upgrade the C libraries (and others) may want to
consider installing a gnumalloc lib and then creating a "netscape" shell
script that sets LD_PRELOAD to this new library and then starting the real
executable image. Works great, less filling.

For current information, check out:

http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/JDK-1.1.1/Howto-1.1.1/Java-Linux-1.1.1-Howto-4.html

-- Paul Manno