[ale] Call for BOF Session Leaders

Marc Torres marct at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 2 13:37:41 EDT 1997

Do to cancelations, etc I need to fill about 1/2 of the
existing schedule for Friday and Saturday night.

I'd like to see if some of our membership would like to take
an active role.  You DO NOT have to be a "ALS Volunteer" to
lead a BOF...

Officialy the BOFs are currently scheduled to run the
following times during the showcase:
 Friday   4pm to 8pm
 Saturday 4pm to 8pm
The rooms in the hotel are reserved until 10pm, so I'd
like to add sessions to fill the alloted time and run BOFs:
 Friday   4pm to 10pm
 Saturday 4pm to 10pm
With the help of everybody in ALE I think this can be done.

Below you'll find the form letter I'm using to fill my
database of session leaders.  Feel free to edit the
decription text and pass it into your mailing lists.

---------------- Cut Here --------------------
Would you like to be the Discussion Leader in a BOF?
Your job would be to start the BOF and keep the discussion
on topic and moving.  You don't have to be an expert The goal is to
have 2 Discussion Leaders per session.

The BOFs are expected to run about an hour each and will be
held in the Days Inn located next to the Inforum.  The BOFs
will be held, depending on attendance, anywhere from 4-10pm
on Friday and Saturday.

Your suggested topics:
 History of Linux (aka War Stories from the bleeding edge)
 Linux in Business (Is your company offical/unofficaly running
        Linux, speak up and say for what and why)
 International (We have attendees from 8 countries coming, this
     is where we should meet them)
 Homebrewers/HAMS (Build your own machine / expansion cards, etc)
 Debian Distribution
 Programming (Developers)
 Gaming on Linux
 Multimedia / Graphics / X and Graphics
 Databases on Linux
 IP v6 and the 6Bone
 Perl Scripting/Tools
 Web Programming Tools
 ?Choose your own?

There will be signs for the BOFs so please provide
us with something to place on them, a small bio with
your name will work wonderfully.

If you are interested in hosting a BOF please
complete the form below ASAP and email to:
  marct at mindspring.com

Instructions: Please fill in your name, email
  address and your topic for the BOF.
  If you would like your company name or users
  group represented in the documention, then fill
  that in too.  In the day put a F for friday,
  S for Saturday, or N for no preference.
  Cut and paste as many Bio: lines as necessary.

Begin BOF
Name:
Email:
Company:
Topic:
Day:
Bio:
Bio:
Bio:
End BOF

If you have ANY questions or concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!
Marc Torres
marct at mindspring.com