[ale] LILO and big kernels

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Thu Jul 31 07:57:14 EDT 1997

I thought I posted this earlier, but I couldn't find it in the archives.
Anyway, I've just recompiled a new kernel (2.0.30) and got the 'kernel to
big' message.  I found the suggestion to build it with 'make bzImage' and this
works fine.  I also was able to do a 'make bzdisk' and create a bootable floppy.
the problem is I couldn't find a reference in the docs for a lilo kernel.  I
went snooping around the Makefiles and found a bzlilo target, so I tried 'make
bzlilo.'  It compiles but returns an error message that the kernel is too big.
I can create a kernel, but when I run lilo, I get the same 'kernel to big'
message.  Can anyone tell me how to get lilo to work with this 'big kernel?'

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....