[ale] problems with gdb

Andrew Newton lfs at smtp.automatedlogic.com
Wed Jul 30 20:26:44 EDT 1997

I'm trying to use gdb to track down a segmentation fault in some software
that I'm porting from DOS (figures, huh?).  Anyway, I can't seem to get
any information out of the backtrace command in gdb because it can't find
any debug info the shared libraries, supposedly.

Here's the message gdb gives me:

Starting program: /usr/local/home/lfs/rice402a/examples/game game.kb
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
warning: GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
warning: and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

--
Andrew Newton
lfs at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~lfs