[ale] MIME decoding question

Christopher Hamilton chrish at ifsintl.com
Wed Jul 30 10:11:57 EDT 1997

>[headers, lead text ..]
>--=====================_870211319==_
>

>I can't get 'pine' to recognize the encoding, nor to store a binary version
>of the item, much less view it.  How can I set up my mail reader to deal
>with encoded MIME attachments?  Earlier I had equally unsuccessful results
>with Netscape, which is why I installed 'pine'.  'View Attachment' brings
>a complaint from 'pine' that there is no attachment.
>
>Pointers Right to The Fine Manual are definintely appropriate here.

The uncoding type is base64.  I don't think I've ever seen one for Linux,
but I know that there are several for Windows.  You'll need to export the
message to a plain text file and run a base64 decoder over it.

..

---

Christopher Hamilton       Internal System Administrator
chrish at ifsintl.com         IFS International, Inc.