[ale] mount

gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Sun Jul 27 03:42:43 EDT 1997

On 26 Jul, Robert L Harris wrote:
>> What type of filesystem are you trying to mount?  Have you tried with
>> 2.1.47 (46 is pretty buggy regarding filesystems, not that 47 is
>> perfect)?  How about a more stable 2.1.x (the filesystem code in the
>> current 2.1.x releases is being heavily re-done, so lots of stuff is
>> currently broken)?

> I'm trying to mount vfat filesystems.  I'll try 2.1.47 tonight.  It
> wasn't out the other day...

If I recall correctly, vfat was very broken in 2.1.46.  I don't
remember if it's any better in 2.1.47 (not being a vfat user myself).
Check http://www.linuxhq.com for patches to fix it  (I'm pretty sure
I've seen some), drop back a couple of levels (2.1.43 was fairly stable
here, though I might have had to patch it), or wait for the filesystem
changes to settle down.  I really doubt mount version is your
problem--that mainly is affected by the new nfs, smb, and stuff like
that.

Oh, make sure you don't try 2.1.44.  It totally hosed one of my
partitions....

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu