[ale] Lessons Learned.

Robert L. Harris nomad at orci.com
Tue Jul 22 23:30:50 EDT 1997

#1 -- If you think your disk controller is failling, check it quick
and if it might be, replace it quicker... I'm re-installing as my
whole filesystem is messed up pretty bad.  I have a dd backup
of my root disk.  I have to re-install RedHat from scratch in-order
to recover anything.  I can't get the rescue disk or the "install"
to recognize my 4mm tape so I can't recover from it and my
backup on my hard-disk is corrupt along with my RedHat
source.  Anyone know a good way to get the rescue disk
to load the modules so I can load my tape device and recover
instead of completely re-installing?

Robert

Robert L. Harris             |   If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire.    \_    You don't understand the question.

Email:
  Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

perl -e 'print
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'