[ale] crash

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Mon Jul 21 11:29:53 EDT 1997

Ok.  So one of our users finally trashed a server ( some idiot knocked the plug
out of the wall while moving some stuff around ).  At this point I'm finding
that the RedHat rescue option leaves a little to be desired.  Any way after
getting to the point that I can run e2fsck I'm getting a message that says the
super block is bad and I should run "e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/sda1" and mabee that
will fix the problem.  If I cant fix the superblock problem how can I
gracefully restore this system without disturbing the other software?
------         David Hamm - dhamm at itserve.com           --------