[ale] Login Problems > window manager

gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 17 15:08:13 EDT 1997

On 17 Jul, Nick Grimmig wrote:
> I'd love to get Xf86, but I'm running on a sparc.

In the future, little details like that might be helpful to include ;-).

> If anybody has a text
> file of what pam and xdm need to get it working, then please send !

Here's a config file for xdm under pam.

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required	/lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_authtok
session    required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

Save it as /etc/pam.d/xdm.  Note that I have no idea if RedHat's Sparc
xdm has been patched for pam support, so this file may not help you at
all.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu