[ale] SCSI CD-R

Sorensen, Blake Blake.Sorensen at cox.com
Thu Jul 17 15:18:05 EDT 1997

I've got a SCSI Smart&Friendly CD Recorder that hangs the system everyt
ime I try to boot to Debian. It boots fine in DOS, the Adaptec (2940)
sees it fine, but when the kernel finds it, it hangs.

aic7xxx: Target 3, channel A, refusing synchronus negotiation.  Using
asynchronus transfers.
Vendor: YAMAHA	Model: CDR100		Rev: 1.10
Type: WORM					AMSI SCSI Revision: 02
Detected SCSI CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0.

I have another CD-ROM on the chain (a Sony), and a seagate hard drive.
I tried switching the cd and cd-r id's, but it still hung.  The kernel
boots fine if the CD-R is turned off.  It hangs even if the regular cd
is turned off.  Kernel has support for misc scsi devices, and scsi
cdroms.

And while I'm asking questions, how do I get gpm to recognize a ps/2
mouse?  It's an M$ 2 button, I have PS/2 in the kernel, it says during
boot that the device is detected and a driver is loaded, but I'm not
getting mouse support on the console.  Haven't gotten around to setting
up X yet...

--
Blake Sorensen