[ale] PEX and XIE

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Wed Jul 16 15:37:01 EDT 1997

Hello RedHatters:

I'm using XFree86.  When I do a startx, I get two messages on the
console:
PEX extension module not loaded
XIE extension module not loaded

This has been going on for quite some time.  I haven't noticed any
problems, so have ignored it.  Now, however, I have a database
development environment which will not run GUI mode after upgrading to a
new version.  Here are the errors:

-- Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C_C.C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
SYSTEM ERROR: Memory violation. (49)
** Save file named core for analysis by Progress Software Corporation.
(439)

Now I'm suspicious of the PEX/XIE stuff.  I don't even know what this
does.  Can anyone shed any light or know where I can get some info?

Thanks...

--
Oakwood, GA 30566 USA
770.965.9294