[ale] Problems reading DAT tapes created by Solarisx86 on Linux

hbowers at umr.edu hbowers at umr.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:15:13 EDT 1997

	I've been having problems with reading 4mm DAT tapes created by a
Solaris x86 machine on a PC Linux machine.  I've used the tar, dd, mt, etc...
utilities on both sides, but I still have the same problem.  Now, I can read
tapes created by the PC Linux machines and read them on a Solaris machine, and
it doesn't matter which device on the Solaris machine I use (f.e. /dev/rmt/0,
/dev/rmt/0l, etc).  The error that the linux machine gives me is "incorrect
block size" "st0 I/O error".  If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please write
me back.

	-Hal Bowers