[ale] Wabi 3.0 - SoftWin 95

Patrick W. Jones PWJ at newcomb-boyd.com
Mon Jul 14 05:03:31 EDT 1997

> >According to the person I chatted with, they consider each e-mail to
> >represent 100 potential users.
> >
> >I've sent mine,
I sent one too.  But mine said I don't want the interface.  Why take
a beautiful OS like Linux and pile crap on it.  Doesn't make much
sense to me.

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing,
 even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about
 funding us? Or we' ll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our
 salary, we'll come work  for you.'  And they said, 'No.' So then we
 went to Hewlett-Packard, and they  said, 'Hey, we don't need you.
 You  haven't got through college yet.'" --Apple Computer Inc.
 founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and H-P interested in
 his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

Patrick Jones
Newcomb & Boyd
pwj at newcomb-boyd.com