[ale] Broadway and Linux

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 14 01:50:24 EDT 1997

  I was looking around the Open Group's web page, and the X Constorium's
last spec was X11R6.3, but there are no X servers for linux that support
X11R6.3.  MetroX, Accelerated X and Xfree support X11R6.1  When will
there be an X server for linux that supports Broadway?
The X Constorium said that X11R6.3 was the codename Broadway release
that incorporated the browser-centric design of X windows.  I thought that Broadway was R7?!  Is there going to be an R7?

thanks
charlie

						        Charles Hubbard
   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex, of which he knows nothing. . ."
	- Robert Anton Wilson

 ". . .Some used the problems to criticize the company's Web server
  software. 'Maybe they should have bought Linux,'" --anon