[ale] ppp to gridnet.com, No pkt forwarding after ppp-up ?

Curt Smith csmith at ATLANTA.ViewCall.net
Mon Jul 7 08:47:33 EDT 1997

>Hi,

I've not been able to resolve this problem so I'm hoping someone else
has seen this:

>I'm trying to use my companies ISP / backbone provider, gridnet.com, with my
red hat / pppd 2.2.0f-3.  I'm suspecting that their PPP setup technology
requires some
step that Linux'es ppp does not support, (guessing) that sets pkt
forwarding on
the _distant_ end, plus the other well known MS-PPP feature not
supported by linux'es ppp
of configuring the near end (my box) DNS server IP address.

>FYI, other win95 users claim no problem useing this ISP...
>
>My boxes PPP and default route sets up fine, but the ISP/terminal server side
>does not forward my IP packets to their gateway.

I do have the correct default route on my box, set with the dynamic IP
address.