[ale] Diskless

Doug Todd dwt at atlanta.com
Sun Jul 6 11:48:44 EDT 1997

Hello Everyone:

Has anyone had success with diskless PC's. I am trying to get
my second computer to run diskless, and am having some
trouble.

I'm able to get the kernel to load, and decompress, INET starts
to run, but the shared libraries arn't available. -- Seems we
have a chicken and the Egg problem. Need to find some way
to get the library cash file pointing to the right file system
for the client.

Also, Is there any way to not have extra copies of the binaries
laying around, Curently I have an entrie file system for the client
on the server. Would like to share as many of the binaries as possible.

Does anyone know what the minimun file system is ? How thin can the
client file system be? Right now, I'd be happy with a root prompt
on the client.

Currently running Redhat 4.2.

Thanks Much

Doug.