[ale] improved syslogd.c

Mir S Islam mir at venus.gsu.edu
Fri Jan 31 09:55:10 EST 1997

This is what I have in my syslog.conf file. I am using the regular one
that came with latest slackware (96) kernel 2.0.0
It pulls out all the mail related messages from /var/adm/messages and logs
them into maillog.

You need to restart syslogd after updating /etc/syslog.conf

*.=info;mail.none                               /usr/adm/messages
*.=debug                                        /usr/adm/debug
*.warn                                          /usr/adm/syslog
mail.*                                          /usr/adm/maillog

--
Mir S Islam                       | "Creativity is the inability to
Network Administrator             |   follow rules of others."