[ale] boot botch

Matthew Avery matthew at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 28 09:25:20 EST 1997

I have a major problem with our nameserver.  It's getting
part way through the setup files in /etc/rc.d and flaking out.
By that I mean it appears that the system is running, but some
of the stuff that should definitely be starting during boot-up
isn't, such as sendmail.  On this same machine I had corrupted
swap space at one time, but since it had 16 Mb of RAM and I'm
not doing anything with it but routing mail and nameserving I
just disabled swap, rebooted and let it go.  I'm running 2.0.20
on this machine and I believe I have all of the other upgrade
stuff installed, such as procps.  HELP!

Thanks in advance,

-Matt-