[ale] apache and VirtualHost

Alexei Rodriguez alexei at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 23 16:54:07 EST 1997

Michael Ivey wrote:

> anybody got it working?  I'm trying to do non-ip based virtualhosting,
> and it just doesn't work.  i've read everything that apache has, and tried
> every combo of VirtualHost, BindAddress, and Listen that I can think
> of...suggestions?

Yup. Works well. Check:

http://www.apache.org/docs/host.html

for more information. Make sure that the /etc/hosts has the
fully qualified domain name for the virtualhost you are adding.

Netscape is a bit of a pain (ignore the /etc/host.conf file).

Also, make sure that the client (browser) is http/1.1 compliant.

Good luck.

Alexei