[ale] Memory fixed

aesop aesop at negia.net
Sat Jan 18 09:17:17 EST 1997

Thanks for the responses.  I had tried mem=24M and mem=30M with the same
page faulting problems.  I also started tweeking values in my bios with
no effect.

I finally called NASA computers back and explained my dilemma.  He asked
if the two 16M non-parity 60ns chips were from the same manufacturer.
They weren't.  I exchanged them for two from the same manufacturer.  Now
everthing works fine.

I had never heard of this problem before.

Dogbert: Has your electronic mail system made you more efficient?
Dilbert: In a way... Now I'm getting ignored at the speed of light.
						-- Scott Adams