[ale] X and fonts

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Thu Jan 16 16:19:28 EST 1997

Michael Ivey wrote:
> I downloaded some fonts from the IFA, but mkfontdir doesn't seem to
> support Type1 fonts...how should I go about getting these fonts installed?

The quick answer is that you need to make a fonts.dir file by hand.
Are these pfa or pfb files? If they are pfa files you can actually grep
through there for the font name to put in the fonts.dir file. If it is
a pfb file you will have to get the ascii version by using pfbtopfa (or
pfbtops, I don't remember off the top of my head and we don't have a
Linux machine here I can refer to) and then get the fontnames out of
there.

There may be some sort of utility to do this somewhere but I am not aware
of it.
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.