[ale] PPP dialup question

Kendrick Myatt myattk at datatek.com
Thu Jan 16 13:25:50 EST 1997

Hello! :)
        I'm not in Atlanta, but someone told me this was a good place to get
answers for my linux questions.  Here goes...
        What is the best (easiest) way to get a PPP connection from my linux
box to my isp via a modem?  Ideally I'd like for it to be like my Win95 box
(stop throwing things!) and dial on demand when I need Internet, and redial
if disconnected.  Is this possible?
        I remember years ago getting ppp with pppd, but it did not have
those features I would like, and I think it was hard to work with the chat
script and all.  Surely there is something better now... Thanks in advance
for any info! :)
        Also, I'm up here in Nashville.  Is there a Nashville Linux
Enthusiasts group?  TIA!

Regards,

Kendrick