[ale] [ale-expo] Announcing AleDex

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Fri Jan 10 11:09:59 EST 1997

Attention Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts...

If you have ever used Linux or would just like to contribute to its
proliferation this is your opportunity to contribute to the Linux
community.
John "maddog" Hall of Digital Equipment Corporation, ( aka DEC ), recently
contacted one of our members requesting a confirmation of interest from ALE in
promoting an AleDex, a show following Comdex exclusively for Linux.
Madog says that vendor interest in a show like this high because it offers a two
for the price of one opportunity.  He has been in contact with several of the
Linux vendors appearing at June Comdex and based on the messages we have
received from Madog it is now time to fish or cut bait.
Below is a list of individuals who have chosen to fish but we need your help.

John "maddog" Hall
Venard Martin
Dan Newcombe
Steve DuChene
Todd SanMillan
Greg Hankins
Robbie Horncamp
Andrew Newton
David Hamm
Rob Hoppe
Steve Lewis
Tucker Balch
Amy Ayers
Eric Ayers
Chris Farris
Brian Goldin
Chris Ricker
Eric Hunter Eidson
Joe Novosel
Marc Torres
Larry Hammel

Our immediate need is to find a place to have the show.  We have feelers going
out to the people who produce Comdex but I'm concerned that they have plenty to
do already and will offer little assistance.  If you have experience with
promotions or have a relative who is please respond by telling us where to look
for a place to have this thing.  Also we need commitments, send me a message
saying you'll help.  We're all professionals so no one is expected to devote
their life to this cause but if you can spare an hour or two a week to make
some phone calls or surf the web for info we can use you. Check my signature
below for my email address.

E-Mail: David Hamm <dhamm at itserve.com>
Date: 10-Jan-97
Time: 11:09:59