[ale] RE: hosts.lpd

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Tue Jan 7 15:17:21 EST 1997

David Hamm wrote:
> Thanks. I had no "/etc/hosts.lpd" file on my system nor did I have a man page
> for it.  I did have to put the full host + domain name in the file.
>
> On 07-Jan-97 Dan Newcombe wrote:
> >  Do you have an /etc/hosts.lpd and is the host you want to allow in it?
> >#
> ># hosts.lpd     This file describes the names of the hosts which are
> >#               allowed to use the remote printer services of this
> >#               host.  This file is used by the LPD subsystem.
> >some.allowed.host.org

Hmm, all these files were on my Slackware system....just goes to show you
I guess not all distributions are created equal. :-)

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.