[ale] PPP 2.2.0f-2 problems

K.J. Seefried III Ken at seefried.com
Thu Jan 2 23:34:10 EST 1997

I'm trying to set up PPP 2.2.0f-2 on a RedHat 4.0 system.  I've tried
to get this to work with both an internal modem on COM3 and an external
modem on COM2 (different types of modems).  The problem is that while
programs like minicom have no problems with the modems (/dev/{ttyS,cua}1
and /dev/{ttyS,cua}2), no matter what I do with the a pppd/chat
combination will the modems pick up.

I've tried with the scripts in /usr/doc/ppp*/scripts as well as the
following script, which has worked well for some time on an older
1.2.13 box.

#!/bin/sh

PATH=/usr/sbin

pppd /dev/cua1 38400 \