[ale] A good video card?

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.abraxis.com
Thu Feb 27 21:15:43 EST 1997

I'm running a Matrox Millenium 1024x768 and 800x600 at 32 bpp.  It's supported
under 3.2 svga driver.  Support was just added, but I'm pleased with it.  I
think I payed about $220 for it with 4 meg memory.

}Hello ALE folks,
}
}I need advice (please don't begin any holy wars over this question).
}
}I am trying to find a video card that is capable, under Linux to run
}at least 1024x768 at 24bpp.  I thought that I had found said card in
}the Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 w/4MB DRAM, but the XFree86 server will
}not push this resolution and color depth because of dot clock
}limitations.  I have upgraded to XFree86 3.2 for the S3_ViRGE chip on
}the card but it seems that my problem is not related to either RAM or
}chipset.  Any takers on a reasonably priced video card with these
}capabilities?
}
}Thanks in advance!
}
}Dan
}
}Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
}Network Manager               Fax: 706/295-2921
}Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
}Berry College         "Never challenge worse!" - Quag
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....