[ale] external login passwd.

Chris Farris chrisf at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 20 12:20:40 EST 1997

> Does anyone know of a tool for some extra security from outside
> threats to an ISP?  My provider is using BSD to run his ISP. I've
> been talking about the bueaty of Linux for a while.  Recently he
> got hacked through a hole in finger I believe.  He has all access
> from the outside turned off till things get settled.  Anyone know
> of any tools we can use like a password to get from the outside then
> to the standard login?
>
> Also, anyone know what the finger hole is or any other vulnerabilities
> in BSD so we can patch the holes?
>
> robert

Errr. I'm not sure, but what is sounds like you want is a Firewall, with
an inbound Telnet proxy. It could easily be done with Linux, but the
instructions are far to detailed to go into here.

Chris

--
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments
of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will