[ale] NFS to Samba

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 6 19:00:13 EST 1997

I'm trying a little trick with my Linux box that I thought
would work, but it doesn't seem to.

I'm trying to get Linux to mount a shared Win95 drive via
smbmount and then share it via NFS.  Theoritcally it should
work, but I've got a strange problem.  The Linux box can
mount the Win95 volumes with no problem.  Logging into Linux
as root or a user, I can see all the Win95 files and do what
I need to do with them.  Now I've got a second Linux box
mounting those same directories via NFS from the first Linux
box.  The NFS mount works in that the second Linux box can
see files and everything native to the first Linux box, but
it can't see any files mounted on the first Linux box that
have been mounted with smbmount.  All the permissions are
world readable and executable.

What am I doing wrong?

 Andrew Newton
 Andrew.Newton at automatedlogic.com