[ale] CAD system (fwd)

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 6 17:59:34 EST 1997

Enough people have emailed me privately that I thought I'd send this on to
the list.

Microstation95 is available from Bentley (the company that does
Microstation, not Intergraph as some have supposed).  The linux version is
available in the academic suite only.  If you buy uStation commercially
and want a commercial version, let Bentley know.  They're willing to do
their certification process for it (Bentley certifies all their commercial
versions to make sure they behave the same across platforms), but only if
they have enough commitments.  Otherwise, it will remain academic only.  I
believe academic uStation95 (any platform) is $190, which is certainly
reasonable.

Mark Hamstra (mark.hamstra at bentley.com), the guy who ported it, reads the
c.o.l. groups and probably would answer private emails as well if you have
more questions.

later,
chris

Who's not even a customer, but thinks uStation is a darn good program.

Chris Ricker                                   gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu