[ale] RedHat5.0

Curtis Smith csmith at netchannel.net
Thu Dec 4 08:58:18 EST 1997

> A cable modem if your in one of the 'select' areas that mediaone is up
> in
> currently will probley be cheaper then a phoneline (We all have
> seprate
> phonelines for the modem right?) and the $20 for a ISP...
> And its T1+ speeds download....

When MediaOne called me to pitch their Cable Modem, they where offering
this
feature at $49.95 / Month.  I gaged and laughed, then proceeded to
torment
the poor sales lady with my rage at exhorbinat cable TV monthly charges
and poor programming etc etc.  She happily hung up.

I forget whether there was an upfront charge for the modem?

If the monthly is cheaper than $49/month now, I'd be interested to hear.
I still
am propably too cheap to go for it.  At $50/month, that's $600 / year.
That's
a new Intel PII 266mhz CPU or alot of beer.

cheers,

curt