[ale] Win OSR2

root root at r50h179.res.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 3 01:06:41 EST 1997

Francisco,
	I believe this is a function of the fat32 in OSR2. Fat32 has some
debatable improvements over fat16 (one of which from M$ point of view is
that most linux kernels don't recognize it by default) but anyway, if you
aren't interested in installing say the new release of RedHat v5.0 which
comes with a kernel able to recognize this partition type then you will
need to obtain a kernel source which contains the patch and compile
yourself a new kernel. If this is new to you it may be a little bit
daunting and you may wish to have someone help you who has done this
before. I am willing to be of help by private email as I am sure most
of the subscribers to this group are well versed in this sort of
thing.
Best of luck, Anthony Smith