[ale] odd Netscape bug

Jim rebus at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 28 20:57:48 EDT 1997

I work for Security First Networ Bank. I have seen this bug on LINUX
machines we have at work and on my own machine at home:

In viewing my account, there is an "Edit Transaction" page that uses cgi
to let you assign a category to a transaction that cleared on your
account. I select a category from the pop-up list and then click on a
link that redirects me to the bottom of the Web page. The keyboard
immediately dies and refuses to accept any more input in the browser
until I close it and restart it. This doesn't happen with Windoze and
MAC versions of Netscape.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior? It happens every time and I
have encountered it on some other Web pages as well. It would seem to be
an X-server problem, but I have no idea what causes it. A fellow LINUX
geek at work (someone way more advanced than me) was also puzzled by
this.