[ale] Preferred Window managers

Robert L. Harris robert at ast.lmco.com
Fri Aug 22 10:22:42 EDT 1997

Geoffrey Myers wrote:

> I hope this isn't a religious issue, ie, vi vs. emacs, but I've been
> using the olvwm window manager as it was the most similar to my Sun
> Workstation at work.  Now that I'm no longer using the Sun Workstation,
> I'm curious as to the window managers others are using.  I'd be glad to
> poll the ALE list, requesting the info in a personal email and be glad
> to repost the results.  I'd appreciate it if those of you who feel
> strongly about one or the other window manager would let me know what
> you're running, and maybe why via personal email, I'll put it together
> and post it, if there is an interest.  Thanks.

This probably will end up a holy war but I was in the same situation
not too long ago.  I went from olvwm to fvwm2-95 so it would look like
95 when my wife accidently brought up linux instead of 95. I've also
ran generic fvwm, fvwm2 and afterstep.  I very recently (yesterday)
tried "Enlightenment" which is still very new.  The flexability and
configurability is amazing.  Plus if you don't like the look you
can change "themes" extremely easily.  It is also extremely easy
to design your own themes.  Check it out at http://www.rasterman.com
and there are some more good themes at
http://home.earthlink.net/~audiocat .

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |   If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_    You don't understand the question

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

perl -e 'print
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'