[ale] Dual AMD chips?

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 20 16:10:51 EDT 1997

> I'm currently running dual P166's on my Tyan board.  Does anyone know
> if an AMD chip would work in Dual mode?

Yes. But not with your MB. Intel uses a propietary SMP standard. AMD and
Cyrix have implented an open standard called OPENPIC. However there is only
one MB that supports it and it's only being released now.

> Also,  is a K6 able to run in a Pent Motherboard?

Maybe. Best to check with the MB manufacturer. There are issues like
voltage, current, clock speed that vary from MB to MB and can affect the
performance with a K6.

BAJ