[ale] Questions...

Dan Newcombe newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Mon Aug 18 08:25:39 EDT 1997

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Dave wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good POP3 mail client for X windows and the
> console?  Im tired of using Netscape mail to check it.  Also a good HTML
> editor if you know of one.  Thanks for your time.

This is unix - use the right tool for the right thing.  Use fetchmail to
pop the mail down to your machine and get it into the normal unix format,
then use any tool that will operate on Unix mailboxes for mail.  I
personally recommend Pine, even though it isn't X based, it works fine in
a terminal window - plus you can get your mail remotely.

That way you don't have to use a seperate program for remote and local
access.  If you do use two different progs, make sure they both use the
same mailbox format, or you'll be going nuts.

Dan Newcombe                                      newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
"The fool who escaped from paradise will look over his shoulders and cry...So
I'll hold my peace forever when you wear your bridal gown."   -Marillion