[ale] Buisness Case for Informix on Linux (fwd)

Todd Graham Lewis tlewis at mindspring.net
Sun Aug 17 08:21:22 EDT 1997

I love reading people considering doing stuff like this.

1) This post makes perfectly clear why the economics of Linux can
be _really_ compelling in a business environment, especially in a
distributed, retail environment which needs DB/POS-style stuff.

2) SCO isn't the only one feeling the Linux crunch.  BSDI is raising
their prices as well in the face of heavy customer loss to Linux and
the other free unices.  If Beowulf keeps progressing, pretty soon we'll
be stealing business from SGI's supercomputing division.  8^)

--
Todd Graham Lewis       Manager of Web Engineering    MindSpring Enterprises
(800) 719-4664, x2804             Linux!               tlewis at mindspring.net