[ale] MPEG help needed

Dan Newcombe newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:39:29 EDT 1997

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> A guy here at Mindspring needs to take a bunch of jpeg's and make a single
> mpeg out of it.  Anyone know how to do that under Linux?  I tried briefly
> to use Imagemagick, but I had no luck, and he swears to have pored over
> the man pages to convert, etc, for hours, to no avail.  I'm not too up on
> the whole mpeg thing, so I'm pretty lost.

Todd,
  I'll tell you for a free news feed :)

There are two mpeg encoders on ftp.cc.gatech.edu under
/pub/apps/graphics/convert or somewhere close.
They are the two that match mpeg*src*bin*
Both of them will take YUV or PPM images and turn them into MPEG's.

Dan Newcombe                                      newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
"The fool who escaped from paradise will look over his shoulders and cry...So
I'll hold my peace forever when you wear your bridal gown."   -Marillion