[ale] Swap Space

Terry Lee Tucker terry at Gateway.esc1.com
Thu Apr 3 13:23:30 EST 1997

Hello ALE:

I have a simple question.  I have noticed that the partition set aside for
swap space on my machine is not mounted.  Here is the contents of my fstab:

#
# /etc/fstab
#
# You should be using fstool (control-panel) to edit this!
#

/dev/sda2                 /                         ext2   defaults 1 1
/dev/cdrom                /mnt/cdrom                iso9660 ro,noauto 0 0
/dev/fd0                  /mnt/floppy               ext2   defaults,noauto 0 0
/dev/sda1                 none                      msdos  defaults 0 0

/proc                     /proc                     proc   defaults
/dev/sda3                 none                      swap   sw

I get an error when I reboot the machine that complains about mount point
doesen't exist.  Should the entry for swap have a directory name instead of
none?  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

  ********************** Enhanced Solutions Computing **********************
  *         Terry Lee Tucker                E-Mail: terry at esc1.com         *
  *         5505 Raintree Trace               Work: 770.965.9294           *
  *         Oakwood, GA 30566 USA             Home: 770.967.9108           *
  *                                            URL: http://www.esc1.com    *
  * John 14:6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.   *
  *            No one comes to the Father except through me."              *