[ale] worldnet ppp

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali
Sat Sep 28 16:50:58 EDT 1996

}I'm making a move from a local ISP here in Savannah to AT&T. Judging
}from the PPP readme and the following information from bootup and

# STUFF DELETED

}I used some chat parameters from the PPP Howto to try and reset my
}modem (along with various different combinations), but same deal.
}
}script:
}#!/bin/sh
}/usr/sbin/pppd name "blackgr at worldnet.att.net" -d connect \
}	'/usr/sbin/chat TIMEOUT 3 "" \rAT 0k-+++\c-OK AT&D2&C1 TIMEOUT
}60 OK ATDT6516000 CONNECT ""'
}	/dev/cua3 57600 noipdefault modem defaultroute crtscts
}
}STDOUT:
}sh: D2: command not found
}sh: C1: command not found
}sh: 60: command not found
}/usr/local/bin/worldnet: /dev/cua3: Permission denied

You need to enclose AT&D2&C1 in quotes as "AT&D2&C1"
What are the permissions on /dev/cua3 ?

}I've gone through readmes, FAQs, howtos and books and I'm still
}without a clue.  Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong???
}
}Thanks much,
}
}Glynn Black	blackgr at sysconn.com

I've got a working connection to Worldnet as we type.  If you would like,
I would be glad to forward my scripts to you as examples.  Let me know.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....